Community Legal Education Assistance Forum
The CLE Assistance Forum was established in June 2011 after extensive consultation with stakeholders across the community legal sector.
The forum's purpose is to promote cooperation and collaboration between legal service providers who are delivering and initiating community legal education activities.
The network also seeks to promote and share models of "good practice" in community legal education work.
Community Legal Education (CLE) activities include:
- Web based legal information.
- Written publications including factsheets, information kits and legal guides.
- Legal information sessions for members of the community, community support and government workers.
- Community development projects that focus on increasing awareness within more hard- to-reach communities.
- Community legal education events.
Who participates in this group?
The membership of this network includes representatives from the community legal sector and government legal service providers delivering community legal education services.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference for the CLE Assistance Forum are:
- To promote cooperation and collaboration between legal service providers who are delivering and initiating community legal education activities by:
- sharing information about local and national CLE initiatives to avoid duplication
- identifying opportunities for collaboration
- promoting CLE models of good practice
- creating and supporting opportunities for professional development for CLE workers.
- To keep the Queensland Legal Assistance Forum (QLAF) informed of current CLE trends and innovative CLE projects that will assist the legal assistance services sector in delivering services to disadvantaged Queenslanders. The CLE LAF will report its activities quarterly to the QLAF via a summary report.
- This network will meet every quarter and rotate the meeting venue between services. Each meeting will determine a focus or theme to maximise value for worker time and enhance professional development and peer learning opportunities for network members. Legal Aid Queensland will provide secretariat support.