Best Practice and Evidence Base Working Group (BPEBWG)
The Best Practice and Evidence Base Working Group (BPEBWG) is established as a sub-specialist sub-forum of the Queensland Legal Assistance Forum (QLAF).
The purpose of the working group is to promote cooperation and collaboration between legal and non-legal service providers (as appropriate) to improve the quality and effectiveness of services and client outcomes through improved practice, efficient systems and professional, well-trained staff.
The BPEBWG will also build on empirical research, evidence and analysis of legal need in Queensland to inform service planning and best practice approaches for legal assistance services.
Who participates in the Best Practice and Evidence Base Working Group?
The working group is comprised of representatives from the following organisations:
Who participates in this group?
Terms of Reference
- Develop a work plan to address Collaborative Service Planning Initiatives for 2019-21 including:
- Provide feedback on the development of the Evidence and Analysis of Legal Need Guide
- Provide focus group feedback on the Digital Strategy project
- Provide advice to QLAF about the practical implementation of the Human Rights Act
- Build on the latest empirical research on priority demographic groups to assist service providers to:
- understand the best practice principles to ensure service planning focuses on evidence and collaboration when service planning so that services are targeted, timely, appropriate, integrated and holistic.
- adopt best practice approaches in delivering legal assistance services to client groups.
- to plan services and to better target legal assistance services.
- Identify and provide advice to QLAF on priority initiatives.
- Provide advice on project funding to address priority initiatives and share information and resources to facilitate the implementation of the initiatives.
- Act as a steering group for specific projects and initiatives as required.